Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue: Aspects of Interdisciplinary Knowledge Transfer from a Translation Studies Perspective

• Mara Götz University of Edinburgh

Abstract

This article sets out to investigate points of contact and pathways of interdisciplinary knowledge diffusion from a translation studies point of view. For this purpose, notions of innovation, memes, aspects of idea transmission, sociological network theories, and diffusion of knowledge in networks are discussed against the backdrop of network studies theories from the discipline of sociology.

Author Biography

Mara Götz, University of Edinburgh
I hold a Diplom in Translation and Translation Studies from the University of Heidelberg. I moved to Edinburgh in 2009 and started teaching and working on my PhD here. My research interests include literary translation, network studies, inter- and multidisciplinary teaching & learning, and epistemology. Other interests include music, coffee, and cats.
Published
12-Dec-2012
How to Cite
Götz, Mara. 2012. “Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue: Aspects of Interdisciplinary Knowledge Transfer from a Translation Studies Perspective”. FORUM: University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Journal of Culture & The Arts, no. 15 (December), 1 - 14. https://doi.org/10.2218/forum.15.529.